A Recap of THE BLUE BEACH
Yesterday, Vincent Nölting's annual event, "THEBLUEBEACH," took place again. Barbara Mai was in attendance. Let's take a look at the highlights of the event and its prominent speakers.
The opening speech was delivered by Giles Dickson, CEO of WindEurope and patron of THE BLUE BEACH, who delivered an inspiring address. He emphasized the importance of wind energy for a sustainable future and called for collaborative efforts in finding innovative solutions.
The keynote by José Luis Blanco was considered the highlight of the event. The CEO of Nordex / Acciona Windpower spoke about the current developments and advancements in the wind energy industry, highlighting how renewable energies can contribute to making our energy supply even cleaner and more sustainable.
Throughout the day, there were various presentations and panel discussions on important topics in the wind energy sector. Some of the prominent speakers included:
- Erin Beilharz, Managing Director of CleanTech Hub at Lufthansa Group, talked about the implementation of clean technologies in aviation.
- Niklas Mayer, Project Manager at Merantix Momentum GmbH, shed light on the impact of artificial intelligence on the power grid infrastructure.
- Captain Heiko Felderhoff, CEO of Harren & Partner Group, participated as a special guest and discussed the concept of a spaceport for Germany, considering environmental and conservation aspects as well as maritime shipping.
- Dr. Axel Röpke, Attorney-at-law and Partner at Tyskret Sagawe & Klages, moderated a panel discussion on financing and power purchase agreements (PPAs) for the wind and solar energy industry.
- Other distinguished speakers, such as Gunnar Groebler (CEO of Salzgitter AG), Ralf Schürkamp (Managing Director of ENGIE Deutschland Erneuerbare GmbH), Katrin Fuhrmann (Head of Origination at ENGIE Global Markets SAS), and Tim Koenemann (CEO and Head of COC Energy at Commerzbank AG), addressed the opportunities and challenges in the wind energy industry and global offshore markets on a panel.
The WindEurope event "THE BLUE BEACH" was a great success, fostering valuable networking opportunities for cruh21 and providing an inspiring platform for exchange and discussion on the future of wind energy and hydrogen.