Leopold Krings joined cruh21 in October 2021. The mechanical engineer from Aachen is mainly active in the field of offshore hydrogen production, modeling and the integration of electrolysers into the power grid. In his role as a consultant, he advises customers on bidding for the first tendered area for other energy generation in Germany. Since September 2022, he has been working as a project engineer in the BMBF-funded project MOHN (Masterplan Offshore Hydrogen North Sea).
Directly before joining cruh21, he worked as a portfolio manager at Rhein Energie Trading in the operation as well as the control and optimization of a virtual power plant. The experience he gained in the electricity market can be transferred very well to future fields of activity, as an intelligent integration and control of electrolysers in the electricity grid can make a significant contribution to the stabilization of the grids.
- Offshore hydrogen production
- Hydrogen transport & Power-to-X technologies
- Tendering procedures for other energy generation in Germany
- Modeling and optimization of energy systems, system analyses, energy
- Technology/energy conversion processes
- Integration of electrolysers in the electricity market